Calling all you birders! Not only can birdwatching be done through binoculars or telescopes, by listening for bird sounds or watching public webcams, but it can also be done through browsing the AGGV collection with a naked eye. Can you guess what kind of birds are depicted below? Answers are at the bottom.
1. (image above) Hint: Add an “ie” on the end and it becomes Canadian currency
2. Hint: One of the largest flying birds and males only
3. Hint: Known for thier excellent eyesite
4. Hint: Native to Arctic regions in North America and Eurasia
5) Hint: Also known as “The Bearded Vulture”
6) Hint: Small bird of prey in the family Accipitridae
7) Hint: Expert swimmers and can dive up to 100 feet deep to catch fish
8) Hint: Known as a “pigeon with a good PR agent”.
9) Hint: Tiny but ferocious hunter with a taste for songbirds.
- Loon 2. Peacock 3. Eagle 4. Snowy Owl 5. Lammergeier 6. Sparrowhawk 7. Cormorants 8. Dove 9. Pigmy owl